- -1/2 medium eggplant,sliced into 1/2" rings
- -1 bunch organic kale, washed and dried, stems removed and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- -1 cup canned organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed (make sure the can has a non-BPA lining)
- -2 roma tomatoes, seedes and diced
- -1/2 english cucumber, diced
- -1/2 cup cauliflower tabouleh (recipe below)
- -4 Tbsps hummus
- -1 lemon
- -2 Tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Brush each eggplant ring thoroughly on both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-30 minutes until soft and caramelized. You can also grill the eggplant rings. Cut the rings into sixths and let cool.
- 2. Place kale in a large bowl and add the eggplant, chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers, and tabouleh.
- 3. Mix the juice of 1 lemon with 4 Tbsp hummus for the dressing. Stir in dressing and mix the salad. Top with toasted almonds and serve.
Grain-free Cauliflower Tabouleh:
- 1/2 large head of cauliflower, florets cut off, core removed as much as possible
- 6 large vine-ripened tomatoes large with flesh scooped out
- 2 large bunches, washed, finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint, plus more to taste
- 3 scallions, finely chopped (white and green parts)
- 1 English cucumber, halved, seeds scooped out, and finely diced
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil, plus more to taste
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Place the raw cauliflower florets into your food processor fitted with the S blade and pulse a few times until the consistency of couscous. Alternatively, you can scrape off the outer layer of the florets with a knife and finely chop if you do not have a food processor.
- Transfer this mixture to a large mixing bowl and combine well with the other ingredients. Adjust seasoning and lemon juice to taste.